Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WCG

-Lol. This was weeks ago. XD But I'm posting them now cause blogger was screwy last time >_<

Last weekend was fun for both Supi and I. Saturday we went to Enchanted Kingdom and Sunday; we competed in WCG Soul Calibur Tourney.

I slept over at Supi’s place last Friday and we woke up real early the next day to pick up Seme, john, Jill and Ranulf at market Market. They were chatting, sitting outside Mcdo when Supi and I found them. We didn’t stay long and went our merry way to EK.

Along the way, I noticed a van behind ours. I was in the middle of a sentence when I noticed that they were doing some pretty gay moves. I can’t help it. I had to pause. I pointed at the van and they saw that at the back, the van have passengers were raising their arms waving them like a bunch of queen fan rockers, but in a very gay, swayish manner. I dunno how to place it into words but if we see each other and you happen to remember this part of my entry, I can most gladly demonstrate it for you.

Pretty soon, Ranulf realized that it was his friend Rick on the passenger seat of the van behind us. They were heading to pansol. They waved at us and in turn we gave them our wavy hellos. Ta-dun!

It wasn’t long after that, when we arrived at Sta. Rosa’s famed theme park. We were still a bit early so we bought tickets and waited for our turn to enter. We were already near the entrance when we saw that the space shuttle ride would be closed for the day for maintenance. It was sad news but there were other rides that we can take. Our first stop was the roller skater. It’s like a mini roller coaster ride. It was short but fun.

Next stop was the bump and splash ride. It’s basically like you’re regular bump car only that it’s on water. I would have fully enjoyed it, if it weren’t for the fact that I was wearing a skirt and the idea of spreading my legs isn’t exactly the most comfortable position at that moment. And the machine/engine was made of metal. And it hurts when the hot metal frame touches my skin. We also rode the Ferris wheel. It looked pretty different from how I remember it 11 years back.

They were also showing Lego racers in realito. We waited in line but after the whole thing, we felt quite disappointed. It wasn’t as good as I remember it back when they were still showing Indiana Jones. XD

We also rode Jungle Log Jam. And I’m not sure if I’m willing to share our picture here. I could be risking another 11 long years worth of humiliation. XD Getting them printed took some time. But in the end, it was pretty much worth our two cents.

And then there was raging rapids…*stop*

After that, we went to dry ourselves at flying fiesta. It wasn’t enough so we paid another extra 40 to watch Pirates 4d. It was a fun experience actually. It was my first time watching a movie with 3d glasses and stuff randomly coming out of nowhere. It helped a lot in drying my clothes. XD

After that we decided to separate. John and I to the Ferris Wheel, Ranulf wants to ride the ATV karts and Supi, jill and seme wants to give flying fiesta another go. But as soon as the last 3 left, we noticed that the space shuttle was open already. John immediately dialled out t the three to inform them. They went back so we can line up. Ranulf and Supi stayed behind. The line was long. I think it took us about a good 20-30 mins to get on but the ride itself is just about 1:20 mins long. My only gripe about the whole thing is that my chest hurts from the handle bars but otherwise I’m cool with it. It even helped dry my clothes from the raging rapids ride.

It was our last ride for the day. After that, we embarked towards the entrance and took some last photos by the carousel before leaving the park.

I learned a few things from this experience.


1. Put your change of clothes in a sealed plastic so it would not get wet.

2. Do not schedule theme park trips when you’re expecting your monthly visit

3. Bring more people next time ^_^ the more the many-er

We got home late. Around 11:30, I think it was. There was supposed to be an SC session but it didn’t pull through. The tournament for WCG is tomorrow so Supi popped in the SC CD in his xbox and instructed me to practice. He taught me some points that I always miss when I get my dose of ass kickin from him and Coke. It took me some time before I can grasp some stuff. He went to bed ahead of me so I used the arcade mode to practice with AI. I still got my ass kicked =_=.

The next morning, I was greeted by the happy sunshine and supi telling me to wake up. I went back to bed. I know this is one of my bad habits but sleep is my bestfriend, next to merienda and luls.

I woke up again and prepared for Moa at around 8:30/9 ish. We left and arrived at moa shortly but couldn’t find the place. If it weren’t for the netopia dude, we wouldn’t have made it in time for registration.

We met the others near or at the venue. It was all good but the only shock factor there was “Jake Anchores” in the reg list. How in God’s name?! It was later revealed that Paeng used Jake’s name as a pseudonym for himself. It took me a while before I could register. I was having second thoughts because I was supposed to meet people at LU live as well.

*insert Guitar hero event details here* blah blah blah ENNNNNGKK!

The actual tourney started at around 4:30. From 12:30 ‘til that time, the organizers prized the guitar hero tournament with only 6 players. When it was finally our turn to start, they cancelled practice matches. That means, once you sit there, select your character, you’re in your main battle already. And this is single elimination too. All in all there were 41 competitor. 1 of which, disappeared. My match should have been with Paeng. But since there was once guy who went MIA, he and Supi ended up as their first match. My opponent was Kilik. -_- Great. After 2 rounds, I lost. My fault entirely. >_>

But I have to say that it was fun. Sure, it was nerve wrecking but it was fun. I would like to congratulate the guys who joined. Lalong lalo na kay Jake. Kakaiba ka. You’re really something else.

Salamat din kay THE Ateneo, kay CLAAAAW, Kay kilik na ayaw makipag shake hands sakin at kay Teneneneng for providing the lols for the day. Salamat din kay Scytherage kahit hindi mo ako kilala.

You're watching WCGTV GAY MON!

No comments: