Friday, June 26, 2009

Cleaning out my closet



"You think you know me
But I’m changing all the time
Cause if I wanna be sweet, if I wanna be wild
If I wanna cry like a child
If I pick up the world, it’s a ball in my hand
I guess that’s just who I am"
-Skye Sweetnam


There's a reason why I hate cleaning my closet.

I'm a very sentimental junk hippie and I keep a lot of stuff in a box in my closet. So when I clean it and the junk falls on me, I take time to reminisce the memory that each piece gave me. It's like having a 5 min flashback for every single piece of item in the box. I started cleaning my closet at 4pm and finished at 1am. (I blame it from the colorful vivid flashbacks). I realized that I collect a lot of junk (e.g. Tissue paper I named, receipts from meals with friends/ , Bottle caps that I found cute, and chicken feathers o_o) And my mom stressed that I have to get rid of some of them or she'll do it for me.

So.....Mom and I hauled all the stuff I didn't need and threw them in a plastic bag. It was sad to see them go but they had to. I stapled all the receipts and placed them in a brown envelope. And the rest of the stuff went to the small box. I arranged them neatly according to their color and date acquired. I think I need to make a scrap book instead of keep them in a box. :/

I looked at the things that I kept in my closet for the past year, it made me ponder on the things that changed. It's like looking at a whole plurk timeline from the past year, marking the changes I've gone through. My shift of interest, priorities, peers, and opinions about things are just some of what I have there. But it gave me an idea on who I was during that time.

Anyways, I still kept some stuff in my closet. I just hope same goes for the people who gave them to me. :)



*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:

While I was at it, I also arranged my work area so it would look a tad bit more organized (^_~ LIKE I ACTUALLY USE IT). My drawing pads, coloring materials, voodoo dolls, pens and pencils, arranged above it leaving me a wide open space in the middle for doodling. :3
Talking to stilz about his drawings and seeing his work kinda inspires me to go and make some of my own. I'll probably start on it tomorrow. :)

My work area XD



I'll see Transformers 2 later tonight. :3

No comments: